Wholewheat Pasta With Spinach Pesto And Cherry Tomatoes


This is a really simple but healthy dish. For pasta you can choose any shape of wholewheat, I used linguine, which are similar to spaghetti but more flat.

Ingredients (2 persons):
- 200g of wholewheat pasta
- 100g of fresh young spinach
- 40g of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- a little lemon juice
- salt and pepper

Boil enough water, put some salt in it and add the pasta. Meanwhile wash and dry the spinach leaves. Put the spinach, garlic, Parmesan, 1-2 Tbsp water from the pasta, and just a bit of lemon juice in a food processor and whizz to get a fine pure. Salt and pepper to taste. Also cut the washed cherry tomatoes in quarters.

When the pasta is done (al-dente), drain it and put it back into the pot. Put in the cherry tomatoes quarters and the pesto. Toss everything so that all of the pasta gets covered with pesto. Serve garnished with a lemon slice.

Comments

USA_Rice said…
Hello,
I thought you and your readers might be interested in our contest. The deadline is coming up quick, but there's still time to enter. I'd be happy to chat about it or send more information, so please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Here's our official announcement:

USA Rice Federation wants you to “Rev up Your Rice!” for a chance at $11,000 in prizes, including a $5,000 grand prize. In addition to the grand prize, six finalists, including the “Best Whole Grain Rice Recipe” will each receive $1,000. All winners also will receive an Aroma 10-cup Sensor Logic Deluxe Rice Cooker. Contest ends April 15. Click here for details.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. Thanks!

-Simon
USA_Rice said…
Hi Boris,
I apologize about contacting you through a post, but I couldn’t find an alternate way to reach you. My name is Simon and I am working with USA Rice on their 2007 recipe contest. I was hoping to talk to you about your blog, the kind of information you like to receive from public relations professionals and if you ever post information about contests. Our entry deadline is fast approaching (April 15!) and with short notice I don’t expect anything, but I would like to talk to you more. I am new to the blogging scene and would love any information you could share about your site, what you like to receive and how I can work as a resource for you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Simon Bowers | Account Coordinator
USA Rice Federation
424 Second Avenue West
Seattle, Washington 98119
p: 206.270.4641 | f: 206.270.4656
simon.bowers@publicis-pr.com